Pitaya is rich in dietary fibre, promotes a healthy gut biome and increases your iron levels. Rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C and essential fatty acids Pitaya may also enhance the health and appearance of your nails, hair and skin.
Dragon Fruit, also known as Pitaya, is a superfruit grown in the tropical regions of South East Asia and South America. On the outside it has scale-like leaves. On the inside you will find flesh ranging from white to red depending on the variety and tiny black seeds. This exotic tropical fruit belongs to the cactus family.
Dragon fruit is good for you in so many ways!
- Is rich in antioxidants, which has been reported to fight off stress-related disorders
- such as cardiovascular disorders and cancer.
- It contains essential fatty acids, that nourishes skin, hair and nails. It balances the skin’s metabolism by controlling the flow of oils and nourish collagen, the supporting structure beneath the skin.
- A good source of beta-carotene, lycopene & Vitamin E
- A good source of dietary fibre which has been linked to reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes and obesity
- Contains natural prebiotics properties which promote the growth and/or activity of good bacteria in the gut.
Powder Texture: Course
Storage: To maximise longevity and freshness this product is best stored tightly sealed in the fridge.
Notes: Pitaya is very sensitive to moisture and can at times clump and harden slightly, particularly if not stored in the fridge. Please ensure that you do not leave the packet out of the fridge for a long period of time, this ensure that no condensation will build up in the packet, and that the product is tightly sealed before placing back in the fridge.
If you do find any clumps please simply gently break up them with the back of a spoon or dissolve it in some hot water before use. This in no way compromises the powder, nutrients or ability to use the powder in your smoothies or baking.