Pinterest has officially declared super powders a trend for 2019. And the searches have soared by 144% in last year alone.
These figures alone are a testament to the effectiveness with regards to the health benefits of the superfood powders. Let's be honest about it. Even when you are doing your best to stick to a perfect dietary routine, it is difficult, if not downrightly impossible, to obtain all the nutrients your body needs from whole food alone.
This makes superfood powders, which are easy to consume and easier to digest than pills, a perfect way to complement your diet.
What are Superfood Powders Afterall?
Superfood powders as the name shows are a powdered food blend consisting of organic vegetables and fruits that, overall, provides a compact, high antioxidant-rich food product that aims to improve and maintain good health.
Just imagine all the organic, raw, natural, and nutritious goodness of the choicest of superfoods ground into fine and palatable powders that can be added to juices, smoothies, soups, sauces, yogurt, ice cream, and even baked food. Drinking a superfood powder is also an excellent way to get essential body nutrients in a single potent dose.
Why should you Use Superfood Powders?
A balanced diet that has the right amount of nutrition is the primary building block for a healthy body. The food you eat has the ability to nourish every cell in your body and is your health insurance policy to live longer, stay energised, and function at your best.
Superfoods powders are five-star foods because of their unique capacity to promote good health. They offer us saturated doses of antioxidants and fibre to improve the immune system and help fight diseases like diabetes, insulin sensitivity, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases. Moreover, they make us feel good and look good at the same time!
Most superfood powders are carefully formulated to ensure a precise mix of all essential nutrients. These nutrients that include antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, among others provide a range of nutritional benefits.
The aim is to integrate a range of these foods into our diet and balance them with daily exercise and quality sleep so that you look super awesome and feel fantastic for years to come.
How are Just Blends Superfood Powders Different from Conventional Superfood Powders?
Most conventional superfood powders are not gluten-free and often contain additives and preservatives. Many of the powders are reinforced with synthetic ingredients, besides being spray dried, which requires a heating process that eventually decreases the nutritional value.
Just Blends Superfood Powders, on the other hand, carry certified natural ingredients – organic products that are more nutritious than conventional and have no contaminants like toxins, chemicals, or pesticides.
Organic Superfood powders are prepared from cold-pressed and freeze-dried whole-food ingredients, just as you get in a juice bar, that essentially maintains the purity of the ingredients so that a pure and totally non-denatured product is made.
As compared to conventional superfoods, Just Blends Superfood powders are nutritionally superior. Our products contain ONLY the individual ingredient or (with our blends) are made from several natural or organic vegetables and lush berry fruits that are packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory components that help fight against diseases.
These Superfood Powders also work as a powerful prebiotic for healthy digestion and absorption of nutrients. Therefore, they are great for all of you out there who value health, fitness, and good food. Our Superfood Powders encourage good skin, energy, and better gut health.
Which Ingredients Should Never Be Part of Your Superfood Powder?
Sucralose, saccharin (954), and xylitol are common artificial sweeteners used in various food items. Ingestion of these ingredients can have many adverse side effects, including headaches, migraines, gastric discomfort, such as bloating and acid reflux.
Food sensitivities to artificial flavours can result in several health issues ranging from skin problems to depression, mood swings, and headaches among many others.
Dextrins and Fillers
Dextrins and Fillers boost the glycaemic load, which can lead to digestive disorders. Many are processed with GMO corn and can also cause gastrointestinal problems in certain people. They are often mixed with superfood powders and proteins to give them weight and save upon the manufacturing cost.
Food sensitivities to gluten can trigger inflammation in some people and cause a host of health problems, including hormonal imbalances, skin problems, fatigue, sleep problems, and headaches.
What are the Health Benefits of Superfood Powders?
- Superfood Powders help in Weight Loss - Superfood powders are the ideal whole-food supplement that supplies 30 percent of your daily intake of fruit and vegetables to better support your body. Combined with protein, it can help regulate appetite, increase satiety, and increase weight loss. You may also use them with a meal replacement drink, blending one serve of our Just Blends Protein Powder, and one teaspoon of any superfood powder with coconut water.
- Superfood Powders Strengthen Body Immunity - Superfood powders give a boost with antioxidants from whole raw foods that are easily absorbed by the body – particularly when your immune system is weakened. Deficiency in high-quality nutrients can result in the depletion of the immune system, inability of the body to produce antibodies, and other immunity-related problems.
- Superfood Powders are Instant Energy Boosters - Superfood powders offer a tasty nutrient-rich energy boost before and after your workout routine. It will also improve mental alertness and concentration both during and after the training session.
- Superfood Powders Help Maintain a Healthy Digestive System - Superfood powders, being abundant in prebiotics, help in maintaining balanced gut flora and healthy bowel function. You may want to pair it with healthy proteins as the studies indicate that high-quality protein supplements alleviate gut inflammation as well as leaky gut in Crohn's disease patients. Superfood powders also help to rebuild and build a healthy gut barrier.
- Superfood Powders are Anti-Ageing and Improve Skin Quality - Healthy skin stems from inside, and every meal is an opportunity to nourish your skin. Organic superfood powders are rich in antioxidants that give strength and structure to your skin besides improving its elasticity and firmness. They also help improve skin hydration and suppleness.
Superfood powders have tremendous benefits as they are rich sources of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. Every superfood powder has its health benefits, and the use of superfood powders in daily diet has certainly become a way of life in our household... what about yours?