PINK PITAYA POWDER
Dragon Fruit, also known as Pitaya, is a superfruit grown in the tropical regions of South East Asia and South America. On the outside it has scale-like leaves. On the inside you will find flesh ranging from white to red depending on the variety and tiny black seeds. This exotic tropical fruit belongs to the cactus family.
Dragon fruit is good for you in so many ways!
- Is rich in antioxidants, which has been reported to fight off stress-related disorders
- such as cardiovascular disorders and cancer.
- It contains essential fatty acids, that nourishes skin, hair and nails. It balances the skin’s metabolism by controlling the flow of oils and nourish collagen, the supporting structure beneath the skin.
- A good source of beta-carotene, lycopene & vitamin E
- A good source of dietary fibre which has been linked to reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes and obesity
- Contains natural prebiotics properties which promote the growth and/or activity of good bacteria in the gut.
BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER
Butterfly pea flower is an ancient Thai herbal plant that is very high in antioxidants. In Ayurvedic medicine it is highly renowned for its medicinal properties and has been used for centuries to improve memory, treat depression and reduce stress.
It also has been proven to have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects, and have properties that promote skin, eye and hair health.
Butterfly pea flower is traditionally served in Thailand as a tea with honey and lemon over ice. It has a vivid blue colour that magically transforms into a rich purple when you add lemon. Our premium grade butterfly pea flower powder is caffeine-free and has a mild flavour so it is perfect to use as a natural blue colourant.
ACTIVATED COCONUT CHARCOAL
Activated charcoal is charcoal that has been treated with heat to increase its adsorptive properties. It has millions of tiny pores that bind, trap and remove toxins. It can adsorb thousands of times its own weight. Just a gram of activated charcoal can have an effective surface area in excess of 500 sq metres. That’s why just a tiny bit of our ultra fine medicinal grade activated charcoal can go a long way. Our activated coconut shell charcoal is completely eco-friendly too!
Activated charcoal has a wide scope of applications. Here are some of the ways we love using activated charcoal as a natural alternative:
- General Body Detox: Drink 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal mixed into a glass of cold water. Drink a second glass of clear water afterwards.
- Remove Plaque & Whiten Teeth: Wet a toothbrush and dip into our powdered activated charcoal. Brush teeth as normal for 2 minutes. Rinse well until spit is clear.
- Clear pores with a Charcoal Face Mask: Mix 1 teaspoon of charcoal, water and coconut oil until a paste is formed. Apply to face, let dry, wash off and exfoliate.
- Stomach Relief: Mix 1 tablespoon of our charcoal to a glass of water. Drink 1-2 hours before or after eating. Drink a second glass of clear water afterwards.
BLACK GOJI BERRY
Black goji berries are an incredibly rare and exotic fruit grown widly in the extreme and harsh environments of Central Asia. Our goji berries are sourced from the remote desert terrains of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, a vast elevated plain often referred to as “the Roof of the World”.
Black goji berries have been used extensively in Chinese medicine to treat heart disease, hypertension, abnormal menstruation and menopause. Compared to the common red goji berry, they are much higher in nutritional value.
As the richest known plant source of OPC (Oligomeric Proanthocyanidin) it has magnificent antioxidant capabilities. OPC is one of the most effective water soluble free-radical scavengers. It is 20 times more powerful than Vitamin C and 50 times more powerful than Vitamin E. As a result, black goji berries may have the ability to slow down the aging process, lower cholesterol, and to prevent and slow the growth of cancer.
Blue Spirulina has an amazing nutritional profile, rich in protein, minerals, vitamins, carotenoids and antioxidants. It boosts the immune system, improves digestion and increases metabolism.
Blue Spirulina (also known as phycocyanin) is a natural product purified from Spirulina, a blue-green algae. So what makes blue spirulina so special? Besides its outrageously vibrant natural blue colour, research has shown that blue spirulina:
- Is a powerful antioxidant
- Has high anti-inflammatory properties
- Is anti-tumorous as it can suppress the growth of a variety of tumor cell lines
- Protects and detoxifies the liver
- Enhances the body's immune system