Breakfast, it has to be our favourite meal of the day. So when your friends give you a whole heap of honey straight from their farm, we decided it was time to make some pink granola.
We added lots of healthy fats in this recipe using a range of different nuts and chia seeds. We also used coconut oil in this recipe. Due to its stability at high temperatures its the perfect oil to use for baking. Of course we coated it in our dragon fruit powder to make it EXTRA special.
The result? It had the perfect crunch texture, just the right amount of sweetness and was OH so yummy. Not to mention it was super easy to whip up.
For our vegan friends, you can omit the honey and replace with rice malt syrup or maple syrup to make it cruelty-free.
We hope you enjoy the recipe and it becomes a staple in your household💛💚
1 cup (100g) rolled oats
½ cup (100g) buckwheat groats
½ cup (100g) macadamia nuts
½ cup (100g) cashews
2 cup (100g) shredded coconut
Handful of goji berries and dried blueberries
¼ cup honey
¼ cup melted coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
- Mix oats, buckwheat, nuts and coconut in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix 2 tsp of the dragon fruit powder, honey, oil, vanilla and salt until well combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix through
- Spread the mixture out onto the trays in an even and thin layer
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, rotating the tray halfway through cooking
- Remove and allow to cool until crunch (at least 1 hour)
- Break the granola back into a stainless steel bowl
- Add the dried berries and remaining dragon fruit powder. Mix through
- Store in a sealed container or munch away