It's October! And that means it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Our favourite ambassador, Kady (aka @featherandcrumb) is showing us her support by sharing this raw pink pitaya donut recipe which you can make by getting our exclusive Pink Donut Baking Kit. You can show your support too by purchasing this kit, as with every kit sold Nodo and Just Blends will be donating $5 to life changing research into this disease.
Check out below for this pinklicious recipe. Make sure you tag us and Kady if you make these!!!
Raw Pink Pitaya Donuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee grounds (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, finely ground
- 1/2 cup rolled, gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup Rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, grind down the almonds and pecans, along with the salt and instant coffee to a fine/small crumble. Pour into a small bowl.
- Back in the food processor, grind the coconut and oats to a fine powder. Add the nuts back in, along with the cacao powder. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add the soft dates, sweetener and vanilla, processing until the batter sticks together when pinched.
- Place on the mesh sheet that comes with the dehydrator and dehydrate at 60 degrees (C) for 2 hours. You are left with a donut that has a moist centre with a hard shell outer.
- In a blender combine cashews, milk, rice malt syrup with vanilla essence and blend until smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil and let cool a little, add to the blender and mix again.
- Add the pink pitaya powder and blend until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Place in a bowl and dip each donut, swirl and place on a flat surface.
- Once all are done place in the fridge to completely set the icing.