There is nothing like the smell of fresh bread in the morning. We decided it was time to spruce up a plain old bread recipe by adding our pink pitaya powder. And of course, we had to make it extra cute by turning them into bears!
We made 2 versions of these. For the one below, we kneaded in the dragon fruit powder after the dough was formed. This gave more of a marble effect. We also put it in a round container to make it a circular shape. We aren't sure which one we liked more so let us know what you think in the comments below.
The recipe can be easily made in the bread maker otherwise using a mixer is fine.
Pink Pitaya Bread Rolls
240 ml water (room temperature)
2 tbsp oil (we used rice bran oil)
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
3 cups flour
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix/knead until a dough is formed
- Cover the dough and let it proof for an hour
- Whilst the dough is proofing, grease or line an 8 x 8 inch square baking tin
- Once the dough has proofed, divide the dough into 10 pieces
- Roll 9 of the pieces into a round shape for the bear faces and place them into the tin
- Divide the reaming dough into 21 pieces – 12 larger portions for the ears and 9 smaller portions for the muzzle
- Place the small parts on the bread balls in the tin
- Cover the bread dough and allow to rest for another 30mins
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Bake the bread for 20-25minutes.
- Enjoy :)