Skip to content
Raw Pink Pitaya Donuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee grounds (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, finely ground
- 1/2 cup rolled, gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup Rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, grind down the almonds and pecans, along with the salt and instant coffee to a fine/small crumble. Pour into a small bowl.
- Back in the food processor, grind the coconut and oats to a fine powder. Add the nuts back in, along with the cacao powder. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add the soft dates, sweetener and vanilla, processing until the batter sticks together when pinched.
- Place on the mesh sheet that comes with the dehydrator and dehydrate at 60 degrees (C) for 2 hours. You are left with a donut that has a moist centre with a hard shell outer.
- In a blender combine cashews, milk, rice malt syrup with vanilla essence and blend until smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil and let cool a little, add to the blender and mix again.
- Add the pink pitaya powder and blend until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Place in a bowl and dip each donut, swirl and place on a flat surface.
- Once all are done place in the fridge to completely set the icing.