- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee grounds (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, finely ground
- 1/2 cup rolled, gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup Rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, grind down the almonds and pecans, along with the salt and instant coffee to a fine/small crumble. Pour into a small bowl.
- Back in the food processor, grind the coconut and oats to a fine powder. Add the nuts back in, along with the cacao powder. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add the soft dates, sweetener and vanilla, processing until the batter sticks together when pinched.
- Place on the mesh sheet that comes with the dehydrator and dehydrate at 60 degrees (C) for 2 hours. You are left with a donut that has a moist centre with a hard shell outer.
- In a blender combine cashews, milk, rice malt syrup with vanilla essence and blend until smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil and let cool a little, add to the blender and mix again.
- Add the pink pitaya powder and blend until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Place in a bowl and dip each donut, swirl and place on a flat surface.
- Once all are done place in the fridge to completely set the icing.
We love to see your recreations of our recipes! If you make this panna cotta, comment below or hashtag it #justblends on Instagram or Facebook.