There is nothing like the smell of fresh bread in the morning. We decided it was time to spruce up a plain old bread recipe by adding our pink pitaya powder. And of course, we had to make it extra cute by turning them into bears!
We made 2 versions of these. For the one below, we kneaded in the dragon fruit powder after the dough was formed. This gave more of a marble effect. We also put it in a round container to make it a circular shape.
The recipe can be easily made in the bread maker otherwise using a mixer is fine.
Pink Pitaya Bread Rolls
240 ml water (room temperature)
2 tbsp oil (we used rice bran oil)
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
3 cups flour
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix/knead until a dough is formed
- Cover the dough and let it proof for an hour
- Whilst the dough is proofing, grease or line an 8 x 8 inch square baking tin
- Once the dough has proofed, divide the dough into 10 pieces
- Roll 9 of the pieces into a round shape for the bear faces and place them into the tin
- Divide the reaming dough into 21 pieces – 12 larger portions for the ears and 9 smaller portions for the muzzle
- Place the small parts on the bread balls in the tin
- Cover the bread dough and allow to rest for another 30mins
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Bake the bread for 20-25minutes.
- Enjoy :)