Panna cotta means 'cooked cream' in Italian and who could refuse this little baby #supercharged and looking ooh so pretty in pink with our 'freeze-dried Pitaya'.
Created by the wonderful chef @chefsebastian_rc
1) Pour the milk into a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Set aside for 5 mins. Then place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water and continuously stir until gelatine dissolves.
2) Mix the cream and sugar in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until simmer, do not boil. Remove and pour into a bowl.
3) Whisk in the Just Blends Pink Pitaya powder and then followed by the cooled gelatine solution from point 1. Whisk until they are mixed well. Pour the mixture into Panna cotta moulds.
4) Chill the mould in the refrigerator for 3 hours or more till set.
5) To remove from the moulds, dip the bases briefly for about 5 secs in hot water. Then gently invert onto serving plates and give short sharp shakes to loosen them.
The amazing Chef Sebastian married this pink delight with chocolate soil, meringue chards, sliced strawberries, lemon balm, and edible flowers. Just YUM!
JUST BLENDS TIPS & TRICKS
- Top with fresh fruit, berries and a sauce of your choice. Crumbled biscuit adds a lovely textural contrast.
- Panna cotta can be covered with plastic wrap (or stored in an airtight container) and refrigerated for up to 3 days.