We are so love in love with this recipe. Firstly it combines the complementing flavours and benefits of matcha and dark chocolate, which makes this recipe super tasty. And secondly, this tart is sooooooooooooooo easy to make!!! Did we mention that it's also gluten free, dairy free (depending on your chocolate) and nut free?! So definitely whip this up for your next special event.
For the matcha crust:
- 3/4 cup buckinis/buckwheat grouts
- 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 150g rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp of our premium grade matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the dark chocolate matcha filling:
- 400mL coconut cream
- 200g 70% dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp of our premium grade matcha powder
- Extra matcha powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Fresh fruit
- Mint leaves
- In a food processor, process the buckinis and coconut until fine. Add the rice malt syrup, matcha and salt and processed until incorporated. Press the crust mixture a 23cm diameter tart pan. Chill in the fridge while starting the filling.
- Heat the chocolate, coconut cream, oil and matcha in a pot over low heat, stirring until everything is melted and combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust and chill in the fridge until the filling has set
- When ready to serve, dust with extra matcha powder and decorate with fresh fruit, mint leaves and desiccated coconut