So as you may know, our friend Anthea from @rainbownourisments makes the most beautiful raw cakes. We were inspired by her to make these little cuties as unfortunately we live too far away from Anthea to get our hands on her cakes. The swirls were a little bit tricky but we manage to get there in the end. Let's just say, we have a new found appreciation for Anthea and her cake making skills. The trick is to make sure you get the right consistency. Not too soft and not too firm. It does take a little bit of patience but the end result is well worth the effort.
1 ½ cup macadamia nuts
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
1-2 tsp Just Blends pitaya powder
1 cup cashews, soaked over night
1/4 cup coconut cream
70mL coconut oil, liquefied
80mL rice malt syrup
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp Just Blends pitaya powder
- Place the macadamias in the food processor and process until it becomes a find meal. Add the remaining ingredients and process until it becomes a dough. Transfer into silicon muffin tin and press down well to create flat cake base.
- Blend all cheesecake ingredients except the turmeric until silky smooth
- Reserve 1/4 of the mixture and add the turmeric to the rest of the mixture and blend until well incorporated
- Pour about 2/3 of the mixture over the bases in the muffin tin. Lightly tap it over the counter to eliminate any air bubbles. Freeze for about 2-3 hours until firm.
- Reserve the remaining yellow turmeric later and store in the fridge to firm up the mixture.
- To make the pink pitaya layer, blend the 1/4 cheesecake filling with the pitaya powder. Store in the fridge to firm up the mixture.
- Once the bases are solid, pop them out of the molds.
- To create the swirl effect, spoon the pitaya filling on once side of a piping bag with a star tip nozzle. Spoon the yellow turmeric layer on the other side. Piping can be a little bit tricky as you want the piping mixture to be firm but not too firm that it won't go through the nozzle. You may have to practice with this.
- Apply pressure to the bag and starting from the outside, swirl the mixture around the base. When you reach the top of the swirl, release the pressure and pull up.
- Decorate with sprinkles of pitaya powder and coconut butter hearts.